It's really dry in penang now. It hasnt rained in weeks...leaves are turning yellow, but not yet to the point that they look dead.
Instead, everything looks beautiful here now. Utterly beautiful. the grass in the fields are yellow...but it's not dusty.
it's just perfect. reminds me of California. The sunset's awesome too, it's not glaring anymore in the evening...but soft and orangey. the perfect sunsets.
Just how sunsets should be. And all the festivities...Chinese New Year's still in the air...red lanterns of all sizes hang from houses big and small, shabby and posh.
Thaipusam's around the corner...people are setting up booths and makeshift altars along waterfall road....the lights are amazing....soft hues that clash with bars of warm sunset dashing in between the huge angsanas that line the road.
it's a good time to be alive in Penang. I forget about work problems the moment I step outside.
Who would have thought would end like that
4 years ago

15 comments:
Oh my, are you tellin' me that it's autumn in Penang now? Autumn in a place like ours? lol. Of all the seasons in a year, I love autumn most followed by winter and then spring. Summer doesn't appeal at all to me whereas autumn....ah well, guess I'm just a romantic person at heart. :-)
hey! seremban's like that too for the past few weeks until it start to rain again last weekend and it rained every day ever since~ i too love the rainless fell~ makes everything brown and yellow~ a change from the usual greens~
I picture autumn when I read your post.
I can imagine the sunset filling the sky with crimson and gold,
Leaves of red and orange and brown
And some look like pure gold,
Fluttering down from the tress,
Carelessly dancing in the crisp autumn air,
they gently cascade to the ground.
Covering the earth like a warm blanket,
of brilliant colour and beauty.
I just love the colours of autumn.
Time then to sit on a rocking chair at the balcony and crochet. Ah, so blissful! ^_^
+Ant+
Your writing is vibrant and oh so beautiful, Serm
'....soft hues that clash with bars of warm sunset dashing in between the huge angsanas that line the road.'
Ah...lovely. U bring out te dreamer and poet in everyone!
:)Ming
I never thought of Penang like that... Woo! Takes a true poetic whiz to get there huh?
TheStar today has a section on the dry-spell in penang...and they have pics too :)
nase: lol absolutely autumn in Penang. BUT...without the rain :) i loveeee summer! spring too!...and autumn also...and winter! hmm wat does that make me? seasonal whore? :)
Froggie: yeah! it's definitely a nice change hor. But hopefully it wont last tooo long..else all the trees will REALLY die.
lil' Dove: gosh!..i wanna be there! :) So calming.it's like the place i picture whenver i get all stressed up.
Ant: lol Ant yups...dont sit too long though...u dont want the mosquitoes to have a nice buffet :p
Ming: lol thanks Ming :)
josh: haha not really...the beauty's there for all to see :)
okay, dont forget to bring your camera on friday.
Too bad I read this at noon time, in the office though that it's totally out of my imagination on beauty of sunset or autumn. But hey, who cares about it. Beautifully written dude.
Absolutely raining like crazy over here in KL! Certainly not dry like over there :)
But I do miss Penang! Five days for CNY isn't enough!
ardo: camera? tooo heavy lar that thing! pretty sure nase has one haha
keenyee: haihz it's not the same in cyber k...so dusty! it's really nice here :)
paul: Gosh i used to like the rain so much...now i'm just in love with the dry spell. yesterday i got really mad when it drizzled for like 10 minutes because it made it all humid and sweaty and yukky.
haha you can never get enough of penang! :p
Blog captured!
nice to surf into your blog.. lovely pictures you have :)
hurm.. if penang is california, then mr lim guan eng is schwarzenegger liao?
Najib: You will never win the next election!
LGE: I'll be bach.. I'll be bach..
Janvier: likewise!
Leon: thanks Leon! :)
Nicholas: LOL! LGE as schwarzenegger is pretty disturbing :p
Post a Comment