Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sometimes




life's hectic at times. slow. crazy. it's a vicious cycle. sometimes we lose track of who we are. sometimes we get too caught up with things, work, having fun, making our own histories, making our marks in the big bad world.... we forget to stop and take a breather. We move along...way too fast sometimes.....that when we finally found ourselves some time to look back at who we used to be, we couldnt recognize the person staring back at us anymore. I needed that. I needed to be reminded of who I am, I'm a simple person with simple needs, and thats how I always wanna be :)
The old piano mom shipped over gave me that space. I hadnt played a complete song in more than 10 years probably....and I found myself struggling to find the keys and relate them to the chaotic dots on the music scores...but i'm happy. I have my beer (some would argue it's pussy beer lol)..and my piano. I'm happy for now :)

13 comments:

MrBunnyBan said...

Playing music calms the soul, huh?

Little Dove said...

Mommy shipped a piano over? Wow!

Would we get to hear you play someday? ^_^

p/s: Can teach me how to play?

nase said...

Dear Serm,

Life and its ups and downs, what else can I add but just that we go thru such phases one time or another. The vital thing is that not to lose focus on stuffs most important or matter most to your life at this juncture. Take heart, this confusion and jadedness will soon pass by.

Alex said...

Music heals... Enjoy your piano!

Jason said...

Nice nice.

We are still human anyway. We need to take a break once in a while :)

Unknown said...

u're a brilliant pianist~ hehehe~ me loves the piano too.. slows everything around me that moves to fast & put everything backs to perspective..

isaiah said...

play a song on video for us?

Jason said...

I love people who can play piano

Serm said...

ban: it does! :)

lil dove: lol i posted on facebook. too embarrassing to post it here lol

nase: i'm pretty sure it will :)

alex: i'm already halfway through the arioso keke..loving it!

jason: we absolutely do! :)

aaron: i'm not! lol butchered teh song dy. gotta hear u play someday!

isaiah: aww...it's too embarrassing kaka :)

jason: me too! lol :) do you?

Cyclohelix said...

Play some and post in here

Kris said...

Hi Serm,
I've been led here by Nase's feature on you xD Hope your piano playing is still going strong! I've been practicing my heart out too this summer

Serm said...

Hey Kris, thanks for dropping by ;) lol to the trained ear i'm just banging aimlessly on the keyboard :p
maybe we could hear you play someday?

Kris said...

hahaha, it's more like my ears are deaf to the most blatant mistakes, I stopped getting lessons after third grade! But let's make a deal, I'll play if you play =)(on your blog of course!) Btw, I'm a big final fantasy piano junkie. you familiar?