Monday, October 12, 2009

Sampai

Arrived at the hotel in Austin 10am this morning local time. Never been so jaded in my life! The entire journey took almost 48 hours. LOL

PG---> KL --> HongKong --> SanFrancisco-->Dallas-->Austin. (INSANE!)

HongKong airport was crazy. super crowded. smelly. like a market. disorganized. Not too friendly staff :p.


*the SFO-->DFW plane.

SFO was a stark difference. steel. organized. The flight to SFO took about 12 hours. this was my virgin flight to SFO, usually I fly to LAX direct from Singapore. But since the cost-cutting measures were implemented, we are to only fly Cathay. lol. This Indian lady who sat next to me on the flight to SFO didnt go to the toilet, not once! How is that even possible. like..how big can your bladder possible be!?? She didnt even get up to go around. Just got on the plane, sat there and pretty much fainted throughout the entire journey.


* Camwhored in the plane's toilet..of course. lol :p

Flight to Dallas from SFO got delayed by 30 minutes! so I had only 30 minutes to get off the plane and run to the next gate. I didnt quite make it. I ran...God knows I ran. like nobody's business....like in the movies.....Get-the-fuck-outta-my-way kinda run. But sitll...I didnt make it. When I reached the gate, I saw the plane pulling away. The lady at the desk just shrugged her shoulders. Said she could hook me up with a hotel on a discounted price. Special! for ppl like me...who miss their flights :p Printed on the booking form was "DISTRESSED PASSANGER".

You got that one right lady.

Got to the "hotel" an hour later. LOL. guess what ...it's SUPER 8! Also fondly known as the "Roach Motel". urgh. lol.


I didnt have my luggage and all my stuff with me, only my laptop. So I was totally outta my elements. Spread a towel on the bed and slept nekkid on it lol.


*Stainless Steel keyboard at the DFW airport that actually hurt the fingers when you type because it's really cold!

Got up at 5 to catch an early flight to Austin. Arrived at 8 in AN. Arrived at the hotel at 9. Got lost a couple times! Checked the internet for church services at the nearby FUMC and made it to the 11am service lol :)


* I chose this Corolla sports edition (altis) over an accord :)

Slept pretty much the rest of the afternoon. Went out with friends to this korean place for dinner. Awesome sushi! We had something called the Red Devil. yummilicious!.



8 comments:

nase said...

Miss ya de, crazy bitch! So nice, take me witcha Sermie!!!!

Black Sheep said...

Sleep nekkid?
Pretty sight indeed. Hehe

Kris said...

Serm!!! You're in the US!?! YAY!!! it's too bad it's all the way at Texas...but it also seems you already know the place pretty well, have friends, the church (can't believe you were motivated to go right after arriving), have a rental car...wow! how long are you staying here for? wish you have a good journey here and that we could meet :'(

oh hahaha, you slept naked at Super 8...but what about the roaches and the bed bugs!

Serm said...

nase:miss ya too! Next time if i come here for a longer stay, come visit kay!
BlackSheep: lol
Kris: lol yup! Where are you anyway? East Coast? This is only a 2-week trip. But i've been here before a couple of years ago for 6 months. Would love to meet! I might come again next year, for a longer stay. will figure something out.
erm haha dont remind me! *scratches back and bumbum

Medie007 said...

woooo austin. ;) enjoy ur stay!

Serm said...

thanks Medie ;)

C'est la vie said...

O_O~ Sleep naked. shexy. :P

Alex said...

Where's the naked pix?!